Returning to India

Next Tuesday I'll be boarding a plane heading for India. I'm so excited to be able to go back. This evening was spent packing....even though I still have four days until departure. 

I was looking through my journal from February's trip and I found this entry, written only a few days after returning to the States. 

March 7, 2014   ~11:04am

"This morning I am sorting through the 1,500 photos that I took while I was in India. 
So many memories are there...
As I looked through the photos I was transported through time and space...back. 
Back to the beautiful flourishing land of Central India. 
Back in time, to last week. 
I was once again with the children at the Children's Home. I was with the students at Grace Bible College. And I was taking in the Glory of God's magnificent creation from the roof of the Mohod's home on the property. I sat with Nancy and ate Chinese on the side of the road. I walked with the US team as some of them saw the land for GBC for the first time. I see the ground breaking for the GBC chapel. 

I was there this morning, if only for a moment. Each time I look at the photos I go back...
But I also go forward. I see the vision of what will be. I see the GBC chapel standing in it's beautiful glory. Finished. 
Last year when we walked out on to the property for the first time and John was sharing what would be there and what it would look like, you know what happened? I saw it.  I saw the completed chapel. Finished. Down to the  simple detail of the tiled courtyard and the flowers in front near the door! Before I had seen the blueprints, I saw the completed work. Finished by God. I was overcome with faith, passion, and the Power of the Holy Spirit at that moment and sank to my knees. Praying and thanking the Lord for the work He has done, the work He IS DOING, and the work that He will do there.  God is alive! God is working! God is CHANGING lives, in India!!! I am tremendously blessed to be able to walk this journey of faith with IMI and GBC! Why the Lord chose me escapes my mind, but I am so thankful that He did. I am thankful that He has allowed me to see the vision! To believe the vision! To have the faith to walk this road. 
This year at graduation John was sharing and thanking the members of Amravati Community Baptist for allowing us to hold the graduation ceremony in their building. As he was saying those words I felt that the Lord spoke to my heart. These simple words, "Next year graduation will be held in the GBC  Chapel on the GBC campus." I have full faith that this will come to fruition. Full faith. Because I serve a POWERFUL God. "Now to Him who is ABLE to do ABUNDANTLY and EXCEEDINGLY more that ANYTHING we can ask or imagine, be ALL the GLORY and POWER and PRAISE forevermore, AMEN"


Thank You, Lord for allowing me to be a part. For choosing to use me in this way. To be a traveler along this road of faith. I feel unworthy, yet worthy because of the work that You have done. Thank you!"

Reading that...I'm flooded with memories from the last time of ministry in India and filled with anticipation over what the Lord will do this time in India.

While we are there this time we will be hosting a pastors' conference. 
I'll be assisting in many areas, but especially taking notes to update all of the sponsors on their sponsored child and/or student. I'll also be the team photographer. I'm so excited to be able to use a passion/hobby of mine in ministry! It's an added bonus. 

It's interesting to see how many changes have taken place since I wrote these words this past March...
I'm a "traveler along a road of faith." It's a blessing. It's hard. But I wouldn't trade it. 
All these changes have caused my faith to grow. Raising support for the children has caused my faith to grow. Raising my personal support has really caused my faith to grow. 
And it's still growing, because neither of those tasks are yet complete. 
But each day that I wake up, I get the chance to choose to trust God again.
Trust that He is the One who has brought me here. 
I know that He is. 

I'm so thankful to be able to be serving the Lord in this way. It's so amazing. 

 
Nancy and I at the GBC graduation ceremony.


I can't wait to be back...
I can't way to see how the Lord will work this time.

Thank you Father for this incredible opportunity to serve You!  

All for now,

Lou

Comments

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Waiting eagerly to welcome you in my home... girls are already counting days!! They are so excited. In fact this evening I too recalled the evening when we had Chinese at the road side...
    Enjoyed spending time with you and thank and praise God for bringing you in my life and blessing me. Love you much...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts