The Chapel...Before my Eyes

This is something I wrote when I was in India... November 2014
The Lord has used that special place to grow my faith in ways that I didn't know were possible. I'm sharing it here with you. The LORD is at work..both in the world and in me...it's amazing to watch Him work and know that He cares for me. 

"A year and a half ago I stepped onto Indian soil for the first time. Dr. John Cook shared with us Indigenous Ministries' ministry of Grace Bible College. He took the US team out to the property that the Lord had provided for the future campus of GBC. While we were there, Dr. John was sharing where they would put the chapel, the dorms, the library and all the other necessary buildings. When he shared the location of where the chapel would be something happened that I had never experienced before. 
I saw it. 
Complete. 
Finished. 
Down to the details of the pillars and tiles. I was so overwhelmed with the work of the Lord and the presence of the Holy Spirit that I sank to my knees and prayed. Thanking God for the work He was doing. In that moment the Lord gave a promise to me… That I would return to India and see this chapel completely finished. I knew in that moment that someday I would return to India and see the Lord's completed work in this chapel. I had no idea however, that I would have the privilege of being a part of the journey. In the Fall of 2013 I was offered a position with Indigenous Ministries and in January 2014 I accepted. Six weeks later I was on a plane headed for India. During that trip last February we had the ground-breaking ceremony for the beginning of the chapel. That was such a special moment between Lord and I. You see, He had given me a special promise…and He was showing His faithfulness in a very real way. You want to know something even better? As I am writing this, I am sitting in the chapel on the campus of Grace Bible College, Central India. It's not yet complete, but the Lord is providing. Within the next few months they will be completely finished. Done. Promise accomplished. Wow. I sit in awe of the work the Lord is doing. I'm so blessed to be a part, to have the opportunity to witness His Greatness firsthand. ~ Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness. Thank you for using us to accomplish Your work! ~ 

We have a saying that we use quite often in this job, "Not to us, Not to us, O Lord. But to Your Name be the Glory." Truly His Glory will go forth from this place for generations to came. All praise be His Name!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly MORE than anything we can ask or imagine, be ALL the glory and power forevermore, Amen." Eph. 4:20"

All for now,
Lou
Ps. 18:29

Comments

Popular Posts