Mary or Martha
I can't really believe that I've already been with Dare Ministries for SIX months!! When people ask me how it's going, I always respond with "It's going well! Busy, but well." But honestly, the truth is, "well, it's going..."
Helping develop a nonprofit is no joke. It's challenging, and exciting, and lonely, and sometimes downright overwhelming. These last two weeks have been those "overwhelming-feel-like-I'm- downing-in-To-Do-lists" kind of weeks.
And while it's true that I have a lot to do, I sometimes (read: "often") approach my work before I approach the throne. I take on a "can-do" attitude instead of a "Christ-do" attitude. I try to think about all the things that I can do to make things happen: the calls I can make, the emails I can send, the posts I can share.
But in the middle of it all, completing my to-do list shouldn't be my first priority. First, I should take some time to sit before the throne... to spend time at His feet, learning from Him, being with Him. I feel like "Martha" when Jesus is calling me to be "Mary."
While I can and should do these things, I try to do them in my own strength instead of depending on God.
Do you ever feel like you have to perform to be loved? I know I do.. and I know it's not right. I know that my good Father loves me... and that I don't have to complete my checklist to earn His love. He loves me simply because He made me. And honestly, most days I forget that... I think that to be worthy, I must accomplish. I think that to be worthy, I must be productive.... but that's a lie.
I'm not advocating for laziness either - but I am advocating for living from a place of love and peace found only in Jesus and then completing what He puts before us as an overflow of what He has already given to us.
There's a quote I heard once that went something like "we should be so full of Jesus' love that no matter how violently shaken, we can only spill love." And I think that's what I aspire to be. So full of Jesus that no matter the situation that comes my way, my every response is guided by His love.
Would you pray for me? That in the middle of the busy, I'd pause and sit with Jesus. That each day I would wake up and spend time with Him first, before the to-do list, before the phone, before anything, just Jesus. This may sound silly, but I'd like you to pray that I would wake up and get up before my alarm goes off. That 'ole alarm scares me awake everyday and makes me wanna burry my face in my pillows! haha - so if I wake up before the alarm I can avoid that, well, alarming situation. haha!
~
Please also pray for me to:
-manage my different tasks and projects well
-keep focused on Jesus throughout the day
-remember that I'm serving Jesus Because he loves me and I love Him, NOT because I need to earn His love.
-love well the girls I'm discipling
-share truth effectively
-raise my personal support - currently only 49% supported
Would you pray for me? That in the middle of the busy, I'd pause and sit with Jesus. That each day I would wake up and spend time with Him first, before the to-do list, before the phone, before anything, just Jesus. This may sound silly, but I'd like you to pray that I would wake up and get up before my alarm goes off. That 'ole alarm scares me awake everyday and makes me wanna burry my face in my pillows! haha - so if I wake up before the alarm I can avoid that, well, alarming situation. haha!
~
Please also pray for me to:
-manage my different tasks and projects well
-keep focused on Jesus throughout the day
-remember that I'm serving Jesus Because he loves me and I love Him, NOT because I need to earn His love.
-love well the girls I'm discipling
-share truth effectively
-raise my personal support - currently only 49% supported
All for now,
Lou

Comments
Post a Comment