I was Born on a Wednesday
I was born on a Wednesday.
Years ago, at 5:13pm I was brought into the world by God's grace. Dad tells me almost every year how I came out blue, with the umbilical cord around my neck twice. He tells me how he cried out to God to let me live... live.
My very life is a miracle.
He tells me how the midwife worked fast, wiggling two fingers between the cord and my neck... quickly clamping and then cutting it. How she removed the cord, the one that threatened my life, and then gave me oxygen, the breath of life. And God saw fit to save me. He saw fit that the oxygen would fill my lungs and my skin would pink-up and I would cry.
The sure-fire way to know that your baby is okay after birth - a cry. And maybe that's how God knows we're okay too... we cry to Him, for help, for comfort, to be seen... We cry and He knows our senses are working. Maybe we're most alive in the cry - when we know the depth of emotion - what we're currently feeling and what we're longing for.
Years ago, at 5:13pm I was brought into the world by God's grace. Dad tells me almost every year how I came out blue, with the umbilical cord around my neck twice. He tells me how he cried out to God to let me live... live.
My very life is a miracle.
He tells me how the midwife worked fast, wiggling two fingers between the cord and my neck... quickly clamping and then cutting it. How she removed the cord, the one that threatened my life, and then gave me oxygen, the breath of life. And God saw fit to save me. He saw fit that the oxygen would fill my lungs and my skin would pink-up and I would cry.
The sure-fire way to know that your baby is okay after birth - a cry. And maybe that's how God knows we're okay too... we cry to Him, for help, for comfort, to be seen... We cry and He knows our senses are working. Maybe we're most alive in the cry - when we know the depth of emotion - what we're currently feeling and what we're longing for.

Comments
Post a Comment