These Uncertain Times





Chaos

Panic

Global Pandemic

National Emergency


These terms are all over the news lately, people have panicked and stock-piled toilet paper and food, wipes and bottled water.

But what should our response be as the body of Christ? I know it's not stock-piling toilet paper.
But there is wisdom in being prepared. Wisdom in social distancing. & come on, who's not washing their hands??

But more than preparing our homes for quarantine, we should prepare our hearts. We should first receive His peace for ourselves, and then generously share it with all those around us, probably via social media and text messaging since large gatherings are now discouraged. The church isn't a building, it's a people. We the church should use this panic to share the Jesus who promises peace. 

Peace.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27

Trust Jesus' words. He has given His peace to His followers. The question is, have you received it for today? Have you submitted your mind and heart to the Father amidst these uncertain times?

Because that's just it... all of our times are uncertain. We have no way of knowing the future, no way of knowing what tomorrow brings. So take courage dear heart, for you are not alone.. "make sure your character is free from the love of money (maybe any material thing could be placed here? maybe security?...), being content with what you have; for He Himself has said 'I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU.'" Hebrews 13:5

God knows what tomorrow brings. God knows the outcome of these uncertain times... and He knows that He will not abandon us in the midst of them. He's here, right now, with you, with me. Have you talked with Him today? Have you run to His loving arms and traded your fear for faith, your worry for peace? He's there, only turn to Him. Invite his peace into your heart.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

I encourage you, spend some time with Jesus today. Pour out your heart to Him, and let His peace wash over you and fill your spirit.

And as always, reach out if you need prayer or encouragement. <3

Love & prayers,

Sarah Lou

Comments

Popular Posts