Finding Grace in The Tension



Thoughts

Words

Opinions

Noise

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated these days? 

Anyone else waffling between fear in all the crazy and solid rock trust in our good, good Father?

I know there have been days when I've felt tossed by the waves of these changing times. I wonder if that's how people felt during past world-shaking times?

How did they stay strong? How did they persevere?

I know the answer is Jesus. But somehow that feels cliché... even though I know it isn't. 

Jesus is the solid rock, he is the firm foundation. My firm foundation.

Lately it feels like I'm trying to read all the books, stay caught up with all the news, and stay in touch with all the people, but honestly I'm getting so bogged down. My mind is so full that some days it's just so difficult to get anything done. I have a hard time focusing because I'm carrying too much. 

I am trying to find right spot in the tension of doing and being - that middle point of balance where I know things and am informed, yet I don't let the things I know shift me from what the Father says. He is truly sovereign and I don't really need to worry about the world. I am not a forever citizen of this world, I am a citizen of heaven and I need to have kingdom eyes. 

"for such a time as this"

These words were spoken to Esther thousands of years ago, but they keep echoing through my head too. It's not a mistake that I'm here, now, during this time in history. And it's not a mistake that you are either. God is not surprised at what is taking place. He placed each of us here for this time, for a specific purpose. Do you know what your purpose is? Some days I feel more confident than other days in my calling, but my confidence level does not change the call. 

I don't just want to put words out into the void. I want to contribute something meaningful - but sometimes I feel like this might be a season where I need to sit down and listen. Listen to others, read their words, and learn from them.... Yet for some reason I feel compelled to write, like if I don't put these thoughts down I'll just burst. Most importantly, I know I need to sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to Him. I need to be Mary when I only know how to be Martha. (I think I've written on that before.... and I know I have a book on it somewhere on my overcrowded golden oak bookshelf. I'll probably read it someday...) 


Where are you at in this midst of it all? Are you allowing yourself to be tossed on the ever changing and chaotic waves, or are you resting with Jesus - resting and then working, but always with Jesus - I think sometimes I'm good at resting with Jesus and sometimes I'm good at working with Jesus - but I haven't seemed to figure out how to do both in the the same season.

Finding grace in the tension is hard. But I know it's found with Jesus. So if you need me, I'll just be over here trying to figure out how to live this grace in midst of all the tension.


All for now,

Sarah Lou





Comments

Popular Posts