Going Home or Leaving Home?

Well, I definitely intended to write this post a long time ago.. like a month ago.. to the day. 
I meant to let you all know that I am home safe and sound. Well, my Michigan home. 
Honestly, it was super hard to leave John and Dee. In a way it felt like I was leaving home. I had been there only three and a half weeks but we had such a routine down and I just really fit in with them and their family. I think we all cried a little that morning..okay, so maybe Dee and I cried just a little bit more. But for real, who could blame us? 

I have been home now for a little over 4 weeks. Christmas and my birthday have come and gone. Soon 2013 will be over. (only 2 days left...any last things you need to squeeze in?) 

Anyway, the reason that I never got around to writing this post is that well, I was too emotional. I was processing through some real hard emotions...leaving Dee in such a fragile state after her chemo and radiation had taken their toll on her body was super hard for me. When I arrived home I was also totally overwhelmed.

 So. Many. People. 

Most of you probably know that I have 8 siblings...so 9 altogether. What you may knot know is that out of the 9 kids that my parents had 6 of us still live at home. Not to mention that the day I returned I traveled up North 2 hours to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving. (I got home on Nov. 27) We have a big family by ourselves..but we also have a lot of cousins...needless to say that after 3 & 1/2 weeks of peace and quiet and a simple routine I was totally unprepared for the craziness that is my family and extended family. Shame on me... I should have known. haha....

In all the hustle and bustle of arriving home and re-acclimating to my family and the daily life here there has been something else that has been on my mind and heart. A lot. Like I haven't really stopped thinking about it since I stepped off the plane in GR.  

The future.

Dun dun dunnnnnn. Scary, right? 

Well let's just say that I am just a little bit scared of the future, well.. my future, but also incredibly excited!!! God is opening all kinds of exciting opportunities for me!!! 
Soooo, "what might this exciting opportunity be?" you may ask. well to be honest I am not quite sure I am ready to say. I am fairly certain that I will take it... But I feel that I need to be totally sure before I let the proverbial "cat out of the bag." I have been thinking, praying, and talking with my parents a lot about this. 
I will share this however. I have decided to change my major from elementary education to business administration: international business. :) I am SO EXCITED! 
Would you pray with me as I bring this opportunity before the Lord (some more) and seek wisdom and guidance? 
That would be great and I would appreciate it very much! 

Thank you all so much for praying for Dee as she battles cancer and for lifting both John and Dee up in your prayers as well! It blesses my heart to know that you all are praying!!

All for now,
Lou
Ps. 18:29

P.S. I slipped a Christmas post right in before this one so check it out below. :) 


Comments

Popular Posts