Time for a Change



The Lord had said to Abram, 
“Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

Genesis 12:1

Happy New Year! I pray this first month of 2019 has gone well for you! I’ve just completed five years with Indigenous Ministries and am so grateful for the Lord’s faithfulness! I’m also so deeply thankful for each one of you for journeying with me over the past five years. You’ve been a part of sponsoring over 400 children in difficult-access countries, helping 150 college students attend Grace Bible College in India, and have empowered me to follow the Lord’s call into ministry. 

This has been a time of great growth, both for IM’s sponsorship programs and for myself. When I moved here five years ago, it was the biggest leap of faith I’d ever taken up to that point. And now, the Lord is calling me to step out in faith once again. At the end of January, I will be concluding my time with Indigenous Ministries. 

Over the past few years the Lord has been burdening my heart to be more involved in my community and to be discipling, teaching, and writing to help influence the younger generation. Although I do not yet know the specifics, I want to invite you to continue to journey with me into what the Lord is calling me to next. Would you please keep me in your prayers? Your continued partnership in ministry will be invaluable to me as I take this leap of faith. Kind of feels like jumping off a cliff…

You know the phrase that parents often say to their teens, “If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?” I have found this situation, and the one that brought me to Colorado, to be the exact opposite. “If God asks you to jump off a cliff, even though it seems like none of your friends are doing it, will you?” My answer? “yes.” (The ‘yes’ isn’t capitalized because I have a fear of falling… but I also know that God has always provided for me and led me in the past, and I know that He will continue to provide and lead in the future.)

 Yostina and me in Egypt September 2018 -
Yostina is one of the girls waiting to be sponsored
.
As you know, my position has been developing and managing child sponsorship programs in the countries in which IM is working, and these programs will continue. Star Cochran will be taking over this role, and the programs will continue to grow. Currently we have 20 children in Egypt who need sponsors right away, and about 300 more in Iraq who are eagerly waiting to join our program. Would you consider joining IM’s sponsorship family by helping a needy child for only $39 a month? Call our office today to speak with Star and meet your sponsored child! This small monthly sacrifice for you is the difference for them between eating or going hungry, going to school or staying home, and hearing the Gospel or remaining in a place of hopelessness. You can also sign up to sponsor at indigenousministries.org/child-sponsorships2/. 

To make any adjustments to your donations, please contact Penny Latham, Finance/Accounting, at 719-302-3028 or send an email to her at penny@IndigenousMinistries.org.

“Dee and I want to say a very special thank you to Sarah for her tireless efforts in assisting the ministry teams in our respective areas where we work in bringing about the success of our child and student sponsorships. We have been blessed to have her as part of the Indigenous Ministries family. We trust the Lord’s blessings on her next endeavors.” - John Cook, CEO 

Please email me at s.rieger10@live.com to continue receiving updates from me as I see what the Lord has in store for me next. I’ll also be updating my personal blog, which can be found here: https://rieger1829.blogspot.com.

Thank you again, your prayers and financial support have been such a blessing to me! We couldn’t have accomplished what we have without your partnership! 

Prayer Requests:
  • Guidance/direction from the Lord for my next steps
  • The Lord to be glorified in my life 
  • God’s provision for my needs
  • Continued growth of Child Sponsorship/GBC programs
  • Staffing needs for IM 

God Bless,                
Sarah 

Comments

Popular Posts