Home

Home.

There's something to be said about the place and whether I'm the one to be saying it is yet to be decided. I just arrived home after a three week thirty-six hundred mile journey. I had the opportunity to spend two weeks in Tennessee with my sis who just had her first baby, a weekend in Asheville, and five days in Michigan.

3,600 miles with just me, Ruby, (my car) and the open road. I arrived home this morning about 7:45am. Oh the feeling! The drive was long (20ish hours long) and add to that a cat-nap at a rest stop, a dangerous 30 minutes on the highway without being able to see a thing, (think white-out & no lanes) and then a couple hours restless sleep at a Dino gas station made for a long trek from MI to CO. But now I'm home. Katie helped me unload my car, which was very appreciated. These four walls have become my haven and sanctuary these past few years. I may not own the place, but over the years I've made it cozy and filled it with photos, things, friends, and food. Love has been shared here, honest convos and piping hot cups of tea, raw hearts shared, and prayers uttered. And I sit here writing, grateful.

To me, 'home' used to mean where I grew up, with my parents & siblings - where I learned to ride a bike and caught frogs and crawdads in creek out back. Home was a single place. But now, I don't know... now I think that home is not a place at all as much as it is a sense of belonging, a sense of knowing your part or role and a shared sense of joy in togetherness. I was home in Tennessee with my sis and her husband & new baby, I was home in Asheville with my friend, and I was home in Michigan with my family. And now, I'm home too. In my little apartment, sitting on m sofa, drinking piping hot green tea, and greatly looking forward to seeing my Colorado family in the coming days.


All for now,

Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts