31 Day Writing Challenge - Day 1
Prompt: Write about your daily routine. What are your favorite parts of the day and why?
Hmm, daily routines. The stuff of legends and successful ceo's. I love the idea of a daily routine. I love thinking about and crafting the perfect morning routine. The concept of doing the same thing every single day sounds so grounding and helpful for building on the successes of yesterday to reach the goals of tomorrow. Everybody successful has some kind of morning routine and every influencer is talking about the things they do every day.s
Except… the idea of doing the exact same thing every. Single. Day. Kind of makes me want to rip my hair out. It sounds well, boring... It sounds painful and restrictive. I like spontaneity and feeling free. I have a distaste for doing the same things every day, like lugging around chains that limit my creativity...
But... I also do well with structure, as much as I feel like I don't like it. I know that the season of life that I keep my morning and evening routines I am more at peace and more productive. I simply get more doing doing things in the same order every day. It is satisfying to check off the same boxes everyday and have a streak of 21 or 31 days - I love me a good 'streak.'
My morning routine looks like this -
- wake up and get a cup of tea or coffee
- spend 20-30 minutes doing pilates
- read my bible
- pray
- journal
- read
- get ready for the day
- make breakfast
- eat with my husband
- leave for work
This is the ideal - I follow it more or less. Sometimes the middle section is in a different order, but these are the things I like to do each morning.
I'd say my favorite part of this routine would be drinking my tea or coffee and settling in with my bible, journal, book, and pens for time with Jesus. This is the part of the day that I invite the peace of Jesus to rule in my heart and prepares me for whatever else I will face throughout the day. When I miss my time in the Word with the Lord, then I am a little off kilter the rest of the day.
So, although at times I don't like the idea of doing the same things every single day, I find that when I practice these things, I am more at rest in Jesus and more productive in both my work and home tasks.

Comments
Post a Comment